Creamy Garlic Tuscan Salmon
Tuscan salmon is a creamy dish with a white-wine based sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and spinach. It’s rich and creamy, full of robust flavor, and best of all, it’s done in a single pan. It’s a simple yet satisfying meal you cannot pass up!
Derek Campanile of @dadwithapan
Classic™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick 10-Piece Cookware Set
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pieces salmon (4 oz each)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup chicken broth (double if omitting white wine)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan (optional)
- Add olive oil to a nonstick pan on high heat. Place salmon flesh side down and sear for about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and let cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add in onions, garlic, and butter. Cook until aromatic, then add spinach and sun-dried tomatoes; cook until spinach is tender.
- Add in white wine and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add in heavy cream and chicken broth. Stir together and let simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan, then add salmon to the pan. Cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes or until cream is thickened to your desired thickness.
- Serve over rice or pasta or dip some crunchy Italian bread and enjoy!