Apple Bacon and Cheddar Grilled Cheese
Apple Bacon and Cheddar Grilled Cheese is a sweet and savory sandwich that combines all of your favorite flavors. Sweet fuji apples sliced thinly and paired with smoky bacon on top of cheddar and mozzarella cheeses on sourdough bread. You can't go wrong with this one!
Recipe By: Britney Chamberlain of Britney Breaks Bread
Featured Products: Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick 11-Piece Set
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 2 tsp Everything But The Bagel seasoning
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 leaves fresh sage, chopped
- 6-8 slices bacon
- 1 Fuji apple, sliced thinly
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 tbsps salted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F. Cook bacon on a baking sheet for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and crisp. Increase oven temperature to 400 °F.
- In a small bowl, mix together dijon mustard, mayo, everything but the bagel seasoning, honey and freshly chopped sage leaves. Add a pinch of salt and stir together.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the dijon mixture to two slices of sourdough bread. Sprinkle cheddar and mozzarella cheese on top (add as much or as little as desired). Place 3-4 slices of bacon and 5-6 slices of apple on top of cheese. Sprinkle 1-2 thyme leaves on top. Push sandwich together and place on an oven safe Premier Nonstick fry pan. Add 1 tbsp of butter on top of the bread and place 1 tbsp on butter in the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is visibly melted.
- Remove pan from the oven and bring to the stove top over medium high heat. Add additional butter and cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
Lunch And Dinner