Sambal and Coconut Clams
Made with spicy sambal and creamy coconut milk, you can prep a large pot of these clams in less than 10 minutes for an easy special occasion feast.
Recipe By: Kristina Cho of Eat Cho Food
Featured Products: Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick 11-Piece Set
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 green onion stalks, chopped
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sambal
- 1 13.5oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3lbs littleneck clams
- 2 ears corn cut into quarters
- Lime juice to finish
- Cilantro to garnish
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, ginger, and garlic. Continue to cook and stir occasionally until lightly brown around the edges, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add sambal, coconut milk, fish sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Stir to combine and bring to simmer.
- Reduce heat to a medium. Add clams and corn. Cover with lid and steam until clams open up, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with lime juice and cilantro. Serve immediately with bread or rice.