Gluten-free Pappardelle with Wild Mushroom Ragu
A traditional rustic Italian dish showcasing simple ingredients, including gluten-free noodles tossed in a flavorful mushroom ragù sauce.
Recipe By: Gina Fontana of Healthy Little Vittles
Featured Products: Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick 11-Piece Set and Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick 8.5-Quart Dutch Oven
- (2) 9 oz boxes gluten-free lasagna noodles
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet/yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 cups mushrooms
- 1 cup dry white wine (I used chardonnay)
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, leaves only
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Vegan parmesan cheese, for garnishing
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add some oil to the water to help the noodles not stick together.
- While you're waiting for the water to boil, heat the oil in your Calphalon Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick Dutch Oven/Large Skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and let it simmer until the onions soften, about 5 minutes. Add a couple generous pinches of salt to the pot.
- Place the lasagna noodles into the boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Add the mushrooms to the other pot with the onions and garlic and let them cook for another 5-7 minutes until they soften, stirring occasionally. Add the wine, vegetable broth and thyme and continue to cook while you prepare the noodles.
- When the lasagna noodles are done, drain and rinse them and immediately slice them into 3/4-inch strips with a pizza cutter. You can choose to slice off the ruffled edges or leave them on. I got 3 strips per lasagna sheet.
NOTE: you're going to want to work fast as they stick and break apart as they cool. As you slice the noodles, add them to the pot with the mushroom ragu and toss to keep them from drying out/sticking together.
- When all the noodles are added to the pot, add the lemon juice and parsley and toss, heating for an additional 2-3 minutes. Season with more salt & pepper if desired and serve topped with vegan parmesan cheese.