Easy Pear Cranberry Walnut One Layer Cake
The delicious flavors of cranberries, walnuts, pears, and cinnamon come together in a simple one-layer cake.
Recipe By: Monique Polanco of Peaches to Peaches
Featured Products: Premier Countertop Safe Bakeware 6-Piece Set
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking power
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3-4 pears, cored and sliced
- 1 cup cranberries
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ - 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the Calphalon Premier™ Countertop Safe 9 inch round pan with parchment paper. Oil and flour the sides of the pan.
- In a stand mixer bowl, add oil and sugar. Mix in eggs. Add vanilla. Mix. Add dry ingredients and buttermilk and blend.
- Pour into the pan. Arrange sliced pears on top. Add cranberries on top of the pears. Sprinkle on walnuts.
- Mix the ¼ cup sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of the cake.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool and serve on a cake platter.