Classic homemade meatballs packed with flavor, to serve over your favorite pasta.
Recipe By: Nick Anderson of @forkinpancakes
Featured Products: Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick 11-Piece Set
- Olive oil
- 2 slices white bread
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 lb ground beef or Italian sausage
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1-28 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, chunked
- ½ cup smoked provolone cheese
- Fresh basil for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and lightly grease a 12” Premier Nonstick pan with olive oil.
- Place bread in small bowl with milk and let soak for a few minutes. Gently squeeze out excess milk, then crumble the dampened bread into a medium bowl.
- Add the ground beef (or Italian sausage) and egg and mix well with your hands. With greased hands, roll meat mixture into about 10 2 tbsp-sized balls. Place meatballs in the oven-safe Premier pan and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl, combine wine, crushed tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes and a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs. Cover the pan with lid and bake for 25 minutes more, until the meatballs are cooked through. Remove the lid and sprinkle evenly with the cheeses. Return to oven uncovered and bake until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes more.
- Serve over your favorite pasta and enjoy!