Caramelized French Onion Dip
A recipe that could not be tastier and easier to whip up, perfect for entertaining.
Nick Anderson of @forkinpancakes
Premier Stainless Steel Cookware
- 3 medium sweet onions
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened or room temp.
- 12 oz. sour cream
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- Dash of Worcestershire
- Peel and slice onions very thin.
- Heat butter in the Premier Stainless Steel Fry Pan over medium heat. Add onions. Toss in sugar and sea salt and sauté for 10-15 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Pour in a bit of dry white wine and let it sizzle out. Keep stirring and adding the remainder of the wine for about 30 minutes. Onions will turn a deep golden brown and will be fragrant.
- Transfer onions to a cutting board and chop finely into small pieces. Mix cream cheese and sour cream first, then add onions and parsley and continue mixing.
- Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce and season to taste. Serve with chips and enjoy!