Blueberry Cheesecake Stuffed Baked French Toast
A creamy cheesecake filling with fresh blueberries between slices of rich challah bread with an egg custard poured on top.
Recipe By: Monique Polanco
Featured Products: Premier™ Hard-Anodized Nonstick 11-Piece Set
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp water
- 1 8 oz bar cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 loaf Challah or brioche bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- Cheesecake Filling
- ½ cup blueberries
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Maple syrup for serving
- In a saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar and water. Cook for 5-10 minutes, until the blueberries start to burst. Cool, then add to a blender and purée.
- Add 2-3 Tbsp of the blueberry mixer to a bowl with the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar. Mix until combined. Set aside
French Toast Bake
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Add the melted butter to the pan. Cut challah bread into one inch slices. Spread the cheesecake mixture onto one slice of the bread and top with a second slice. Add to buttered pan. Repeat with the remaining slices and arrange them in the pan.
- In a bowl, Mix the eggs, milk, heavy cream, vanilla, and spices. Pour the egg custard over all of the bread making sure that each piece is covered. Let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to soak up the mixture.
- Add the ½ cup of blueberries to the top. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the bread is slightly browned. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve. Top each serving with maple syrup if desired.
Breakfast And Brunch