Bacon and Leek Frittata
This delicious frittata is a stovetop-to-oven breakfast featuring crispy bacon, tender leeks, creamy Boursin cheese, and perfect custardy eggs.
Recipe by: Jenny Goycochea-Marker of @jennygoycochea
Premier™ Nonstick Cookware
- 5 strips of bacon, diced
- 1 leek, tops removed, rinsed, and thinly sliced
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 oz Boursin or goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp minced fresh chives
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the chopped bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is crispy and the fat has rendered. Transfer the bacon to a plate and remove all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat from the skillet.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the sliced leeks. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often, until softened.
- While the leeks cook, whisk the eggs with the half-and-half, kosher salt, and black pepper until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet and stir a bit to evenly distribute the leeks. Sprinkle the bacon and crumbled cheese on top and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Bake for about 15 to 17 minutes, just until the eggs look puffed and set. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes in the skillet before transferring to a plate. Sprinkle with chives and serve!
Breakfast And Brunch