Butter Basted Ribeye Steak with Chive & Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
- 1 ribeye steak about 1.5” thick, 1 lb.
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 ½ tsp flake sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4-5 sprigs fresh thyme
Mashed Potato ingredients
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, skin on
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- Sea salt and pepper
Pan Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup beef bone broth
- Sea salt and pepper
- Season steak generously with sea salt and pepper on both sides. Let sit at room temp for minimum 30 min.
- Heat Calphalon Premier Nonstick Skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. When oil starts smoking, sear steak on all sides turning every couple of minutes until dark brown crust forms.
- Add butter, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Tilting the pan to one side, use a spoon to continually base the steak with melted butter. Keep doing this until steak reaches an internal temp of 130 degrees F for medium.
- Let steak rest on cutting board for 10 minutes. Cut meal against the grain into slices.
- Place potatoes in Calphalon Premier Stock Pot with enough water to cover potatoes.
- Liberally salt the water and bring to a boil. Cook for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and mash. Mix in milk. Use an electric mixer to make this process easier and so potatoes are light and fluffy.
- Stir in sour cream, chives and salt and pepper.
Pan Sauce Instructions
- Add butter to the same Premier Nonstick Skillet you used to cook the steak over medium heat.
- When butter melts, add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add flour and whisk until flour is toasted and browning.
- Whisk in beef bone broth and turn heat up to medium high. Whisk until mixture starts to thicken, then reduce heat to low.
- Drizzle over steak and serve!
Enjoy a juicy ribeye paired with sour cream potatoes topped with chives for a twist on a classic pairing. These homemade mashed potatoes are creamy, flavorful, and sure to be a hit at any dinner table. Our ribeye steak recipe is juicy and flavorful with no need for special ingredients. Add our buttery pan sauce recipe and you have a restaurant-quality steak. This steak recipe will ensure a delicious ribeye every time. Sour cream mashed potatoes are buttery, creamy, and a perfect side to your steak. Rich and creamy flavor that is easy to prepares makes our mashed potatoes recipe an excellent complement to your steak dinner. Top them off with fresh chives and you have a dinner recipe that everyone will love. If you enjoy our ribeye steak, be sure to check out other steak recipes, including our marinated skirt steak.
Marinated Skirt Steak