Top Brunch RecipesFrom coffee to crepes, brunch seamlessly combines good food with great company. Enjoy a leisure-filled meal with these mid-morning classics.
Tasty Berry Waffles
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- mixed berries
- powdered sugar
- Preheat your Calphalon IntelliCrisp™ Waffle Maker
- Put all ingredients, except egg whites, in a large mixer bowl. Beat on low until moistened.
- Increase to medium, mix until smooth.
- By hand, gently fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour 1/2 cup (125 ml) batter over grids. Close waffle maker, bake until steam no longer escapes, for about 3-5 minutes. Repeat.
- Serve while hot with your favorite topping.
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, toasted
- Place sweet potatoes in Calphalon Digital Saute Slow Cooker
- In a bowl,combine applesauce, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon.
- Pour over potatoes in your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until potatoes are tender.
- Top with toasted chopped nuts.
Classic Eggs Benedict
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices Black Forest ham or Canadian bacon
- 2 English muffins, halved, toasted and brushed with melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted for English muffins
- Salt and freshly ground pepper Classic Hollandaise Sauce (see Calphalon website for recipe)
- To poach the eggs, fill a poacher pan with water(up to the rivet). Add a dash of white vinegar and bring water to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add 4 egg baskets to the poacher pan with basket handles facing the rim of the pan.
- Crack each egg into a separate bowl, then gently pour each one into a separate egg basket.
- Cook the eggs for about 3 1/2 minutes.
- Lift up the basket to remove it from the water using the stay-cool handle. Tip basket to drain out any excess water back into the pan, then gently slide the egg out onto a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Preheat a sauté pan on medium-high heat. Fry ham or bacon until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove bacon; drain on paper towels and set aside. Carefully wipe sauté pan with a paper towel.
- To assemble, place toasted halves of English muffins on a baking sheet. Top with ham or bacon; gently spoon poached eggs on top. Ladle hollandaise sauce over poached eggs.
- Broil about 5 inches from heat until light golden brown, about 1 minute.