1. Sauté oil and pork in a large pot.
2. Pour in 1-1/2 to 2 cans of tomato sauce.
3. Add Sazón.
4. Add Sofrito.
6. Add pigeon peas.
7. Add olives and chorizo to taste.
Note: be careful as too many olives or too much chorizo may make the rice too salty.
8. Simmer 15 minutes to tenderize and marinate pork.
9. After 15 minutes, add rice and mix well. Smooth the mixture evenly in the pot.
10. Add approximately 2-1/2 cups of water.
Note: the water should not cover more than 1/3 of a long wooden spoon when the spoon is placed into the center of the mixture. To determine if you have an appropriate amount of water, insert a long wooden spoon into the center of the mixture – the spoon should stand up straight on its own.
11. Boil down uncovered about 10 minutes on low heat (so as not to burn the rice).
12. Cover the pot when the water is almost gone.
13. Cook on low for 40 minutes.
14. Serve and enjoy!