Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Cut off top portion of peppers and remove seeds and white membrane inside, creating a “cup” with each pepper.
2. Bring water to a boil in a large sauce pan. Add peppers and boil for 5 minutes. Remove peppers from water, and drain any remaining water from them.
3. Combine ground beef, bread cubes, chopped onion and 1/2 cup chili sauce in a bowl. Add salt and pepper as desired.
4. Stuff peppers with the ground beef mixture and place in a small greased casserole dish so peppers are touching, but not overcrowded.
5. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes at 350°F.
6. Remove foil, add remaining chili sauce and cheese and bake for 5 minutes uncovered.