Make Your Own Spice Mixes
It's the seasonings that differentiate international cuisine. Below are some basic spice mixes to try as is, or make your own by adding a bit more of this or that. For the purest flavor we recommend using whole spices and a spice grinder. Why? Not only do whole spices last longer, but when freshly ground, their essential oils are released for superior flavor and aroma.
- Basic Curry (India): Coriander, Cumin, Mustard Seeds, Black Peppercorn, Ground Ginger, Turmeric & Fenugreek
- Jerk Seasoning (Caribbean): Cinnamon, Thyme, Chiles, Allspice, Ginger, Cloves, Garlic & Onion
- Poultry Seasoning (France): Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Marjoram, Celery Seed & Whole Peppercorns
- Chermoula (Moroccan Green Sauce): Garlic, Cilantro, Parsley, Paprika, Cumin, Cayenne Pepper, Lemon Juice & Olive Oil
- Gremolata (Italy): Lemon, Fresh Parsley & Garlic